Where did all the money go after the 2010 earthquake? That is a question that has been answered in the Journal of Haitian Studies and in Frederic Boisrond blog for the US and Canada, among other sources. Essentially, the vast majority of the money disbursed for aid returns to the donor country. Assuming that 70% of the original envelope does not leave the donor country, the remaining 30% goes to the beneficiary country, like Haiti. In a country rife with systemic and structural corruption, about 20% of the original envelope would disappear through embezzlement, kickbacks and other practices.