Reporting and Social Journalism Internship
The Haitian Times, an English language digital news publication is looking for a reporting intern. This is an opportunity for a junior, senior or graduate student to hone his or her writing and reporting skills.
Be part of a dynamic team covering one of the most exciting communities in New York City. The successful candidate will be an energetic, curious and enthusiasm to learn and be willing to be out of their comfort zone. No Haitian Kreyol required. Knowledge of how to write social media posts, create newsletters and be familiar with Hootesuite is recommended.
This position requires 7 to 10 hours work weekly and the hours are flexible. This is a for credit internship. Please submit resume, a cover letter and references to Vania Andre – email@example.com
The Haitian Times is looking for someone who is a stickler for grammar and AP style.The part-time position involves editing, writing concise headlines, handling rewrites.Experience in editing news stories is preferred. Please submit cover letter and resume to Vania Andre – firstname.lastname@example.org
Haitian Times Engagement Intern
Haitian Times is looking for a social media obsessed, proactive intern to join and support our engagement team in Spring 2018. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in news, the Haitian community and culture and has some prior experience in social media. Interns will be expected to work 10 -15 hours a week.
- Manage social media profiles
- Email marketing
- Enthusiasm for Facebook video and other social platforms
- Experience with social media platforms and related apps
- Can juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the Haitian Times brand
- Working knowledge of adobe creative suite, canva and adobe spark
- Previous experience managing social media, preferably for a blog or news site
- Experience working with hootsuite or other social media scheduling platform
- Journalism, Communications or Marketing major
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com