Reporting and Social Journalism Internship
The Haitian Times, an English language digital news publication is looking for a reporting intern. This is an opportunity for a junior, senior or graduate student to hone his or her writing and reporting skills.
Be part of a dynamic team covering one of the most exciting communities in New York City. The successful candidate will be an energetic, curious and enthusiasm to learn and be willing to be out of their comfort zone. No Haitian Kreyol required. Knowledge of how to write social media posts, create newsletters and be familiar with Hootesuite is recommended.
This position requires 7 to 10 hours work weekly and the hours are flexible. This is a for credit internship. Please submit resume, a cover letter and references to Vania Andre – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Haitian Times is looking for a South Florida based freelancer to bolster its arts and culture section. We’re looking for a writer with a flair to cover Haitian MUSIC, ARTS, FASHION AND FOOD.
- Regular stories reporting on arts events, artists, musicians, Regular enterprise pieces analyzing and exploring the vibrant art and culture in South Florida
- Develop deep sources within the Haitian arts/music community.
- Expected to have multiple story pitches at each budget meeting
- Needs to be a self-starter with strong drive for enterprise and a hunger to get published
- Should have strong writing skills and be able to tell great, compelling stories, as well as broader topics
- Should have a strong writing voice and a developed perspective on arts and culture
- Must be willing to use that critical perspective to offer analysis and critic of arts and culture
Qualifications Technical Requirements, Minimum 3 years working in journalism is required * Experience writing about the arts/music is required * Kreyol speaking is preferred. Send resume and links of your clips to: Rachel@haitiantimes.com
Haitian Times Special events coordinator
Haitian Times is looking for a social media obsessed, proactive coordinator to join and support our engagement team. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in news, the Haitian community and culture and has prior experience in social media. SM Coordinator will be expected to work 10 -15 hours a week.
- Manage 12 monthly hybrid conversations
- Coordinate 3 large events, including a music and food festival
- Coordinate with internal team and external partners
- Support our fundraising activities
- Support our yearly gala
- Commitment to The Haitian Times mission and communities we serve
- 2+ years of experience working in special events
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution
- Highly independent, able to set and manage personal goals, expectations, and schedule
- Highly collaborative, able to ask questions, offer insight, professional opinions, and celebrate teamwork
- Imaginative, able to be flexible and resourceful, amid change, uncertainty, and growth
- Curious, life-long learner
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com