Borussia Dortmund‘s Jadon Sancho has consistently been a standout player in European football for so long, it’s easy to forget he’s still only 20 years old.
It looks to be yet another summer of Sancho’s name being a constant presence in the transfer gossip columns, but it should be no surprise that the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea are so interested given the records he keeps breaking in Germany.
Here are nine of the most impressive stats, records and milestones from the England international’s fledgling career to date.
– In setting up Mahmoud Dahoud’s opener in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Arminia Bielefeld, Sancho became the youngest-ever player to reach 50 Bundesliga assists.
– Not only is he the youngest, but no player has reached that milestone faster than Sancho, who achieved the feat in just 99 appearances in the German top flight.
– With his peach of an effort against Club Brugge, Sancho became the first English player to score direct from a free-kick for an overseas club in the Champions League since David Beckham did so for Real Madrid against Rosenborg back in 2005.
– Dortmund are yet to lose a Bundesliga match that Sancho has scored in. He’s scored 36 goals in 31 different games (25 wins, six draws).
– Sancho finished the Bundesliga 2019-20 Bundesliga with 17 assists and 16 goals. In doing so, he became the first English player to register more than 15 goals and 15 assists in a major European league since Matt Le Tissier for Southampton back in the 1994-95 Premier League season.
– He is now up to 36 goals, but back when he was still breaking through, he became the youngest player in Bundesliga history to hit 15, doing so in his 48th appearance in the competition back in August 2019. Continue reading