Real Madrid have now had and won their first home game of the 2020/21 season, defeating Real Valladolid 1-0 at the Estadio Di Stéfano at Valdebebas. Once again, there were many interesting talking points as this new season truly gets going. Here are six of them in the form of three questions that were answered and three questions that need answering.
1. Would Real Madrid keep up their 100 percent record at the Di Stéfano?
This was Real Madrid’s first official match back at the Estadio Di Stéfano since they secured the 2019/20 LaLiga title against Villarreal back on July 16th. Their record there was impeccable down the stretch last season, winning all six of the home matches they played there post-lockdown and doing so by a combined score of 13-2. They even thrashed Getafe 6-0 there in the ‘ghost game’ pre-season friendly. So, could they keep up that 100 percent record in the first home game of 2020/21? Yes. Not by much, but yes.
2. Would Benzema and Jović start together again?
There was surprise at the weekend when Zinedine Zidane started Karim Benzema and Luka Jović together. So, would he make it two games in a row with a front two of the Frenchman and Serbian? He did, and that had to come as a surprise. Not only because of the rumours surrounding Jović’s future, but also because they had never started two matches in a row together before this game. But, Zidane went for it and, in actual fact, Jović was more lively than Benzema in this one. Continue reading
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- Mesut Ozil ‘has taken a massive £282k-a-week pay cut’ to seal Arsenal exit and sign for Fenerbahce - Jan. 19, 2021
- Marca claim David Alaba has signed a pre-contract agreement with Real Madrid - Jan. 19, 2021
- Chelsea ‘willing to smash their transfer record to sign Erling Haaland this summer’ - Jan. 19, 2021