Sports

Sancho will stay at Dortmund for at least another season, says Kehl

Jadon Sancho Borussia Dortmund 2020-21

Borussia Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl expects Jadon Sancho to stay at the club for “at least” another season.

The 20-year-old winger has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United, though the two sides have been unable to reach an agreement.

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said last week that the England international will definitely spend the 2020-21 campaign with the German club, while Sancho himself said he “loves” playing for them.

Kehl reiterated that Sancho wants to stay and that the Bundesliga outfit have no interest in letting him go. 

“Jadon is happy to stay. He has a contract until 2023,” Kehl said.

“I see him on the pitch and he is very happy. Everyone is very happy to have him. He is going to be here for at least one more season.

“This team is the best we had. We have a mixture of very good, young, and mature players. We tried to develop the team in the last few years. Hopefully we can win titles in the next season because titles are what matter the most in the end.”

Meanwhile, Dortmund midfielder Thomas Delaney believes having the former Manchester City player in the team will help Lucien Favre’s men to a successful season and praised 17-year-old signing Jude Bellingham. 

“Jadon will be playing for us,” he said. “He is a great talent. I hope he will help us win great things. I embrace him with open arms. Continue reading

Haitian Times

Haitian Times

The Haitian Times was founded in 1999 as a weekly English language newspaper based in Brooklyn, NY.The newspaper is widely regarded as the most authoritative voice for Haitian Diaspora.
Haitian Times
Aug. 22, 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *