Ansu Fati’s father has dismissed rumours linking his son with a move to Manchester United, insisting “everyone that leaves Barcelona then wants to come back”.
The Red Devils are reportedly lining up a summer approach for Fati, who is currently enjoying a breakout season at Camp Nou.
The 17-year-old made his senior debut for Barca back in August and has since racked up 26 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring six goals.
Earlier this month, Blaugrana director Xavier Vilajoana ruled out the possibility of selling the Spain U21 international, while insisting he will become an “important player in the coming years”.
Vilajoana told Sport: “For us, there’s no story with Ansu, we have never spoken about selling him.
“We won’t use players from the academy to make cash. In principle, we have no intention of selling the players we believe will make the first team.”
Bori Fati is also certain the teenage winger will be staying put, and says he has heard nothing concrete regarding any potential interest from Premier League giants United. Continue reading
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- Is Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool repeating his last Borussia Dortmund season? - Feb. 26, 2021
- Arsenal should finally sell Hector Bellerin this summer - Feb. 26, 2021
- Derby County: What is happening with Sheikh Khaled’s £60m takeover? - Feb. 26, 2021