The premature ending to the Eredivisie season has caused clubs to start thinking about next season, but Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar has made clear that Donny van de Beek will not be sold on the cheap.
There is a verbal agreement in place between Real Madrid, Ajax and Van de Beek for a fee around 60 million euros, as MARCA revealed, but the financial impact of the coronavirus crisis may see Los Blancos try to revisit this figure in the summer.
However, Van der Sar is adamant that Ajax will stand firm in terms of their asking price for the likes of Van de Beek, Andre Onana and Nicolas Tagliafico, having already agreed to sell Hakim Ziyech to Chelsea for 40 million euros.
“In January last year, people said we were going to lose seven or eight players, but we lost only two key members,” Van der Sar told Reuters.
“The big clubs such as Bayern Munich have said the benchmark fee will go down in the next few transfer windows. But it’s easier for them to say because they are the buyers.
“Of course, the 150 million-200 million euro transfers are gone.
“But I think there is still a lot of value for players who come from Ajax: well educated, experienced in winning and playing European football. Continue reading…
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- Nike Has Lost More Than 40 Important Players In Past 6 Months - Jan. 21, 2021
- Zidane’s cycle coming to a close at Madrid - Jan. 21, 2021
- Football transfer rumours: Willian José to Wolves? Divock Origi to Inter? - Jan. 21, 2021