Mbappe has been ranked as the fastest footballer in the world according to data from French newspaper Le Figaro.
Clocking in at an impressive top speed of 36km/h, the French forward has come out ahead of well-known speedsters such as and Leroy Sane.
Inaki Williams is perhaps a surprise entrant at No 2 on the list, with the Athletic Bilbao man recording a 35.7km/h speed, coming very close to Mbappe but just losing out.
Manchester United were looking to splash £81million on the forward last summer, however he later signed a new contract with the Spanish club instead.
THE WORLD’S FASTEST FOOTBALLERS
1. Kylian Mbappe – 36km/h
2. Inaki Williams – 35.7km/h
3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – 35.5km/h
4. Karim Bellarabi – 35.27km/h
5. Kyle Walker – 35.21km/h
6. Leroy Sane – 35.04km/h
7. Mohamed Salah – 35km/h
8. Kingsley Coman – 35km/h
9. Alvaro Odriozola – 34.99km/h
10. Nacho Fernandez – 34.62km/h
Overall, it would be a very closely run race between the top players, with eight of them registering speeds of over 35km/h.
Arsenal ace Aubameyang is right behind Inaki at 35.5km/h. Real Madrid have ramped up their chase of the striker, with boss Zinedine Zidane labelling him as a ‘great priority’ after he reportedly asked to leave the London club.
Bayer Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi is next on the list at 35.27km/h, just pipping Manchester City’s Kyle Walker at 35.21km/h.
Latest posts by Samuel Louis (see all)
- New Barcelona interim president named after Bartomeu exit - Oct. 28, 2020
- Lionel Messi says he is now “less obsessed with goals” during this stage of his career and is more focused on being a team player. - Oct. 16, 2020
- Kathryn Mayorga’s Rape Case Against Cristiano Ronaldo to Go to Nevada Judge - Oct. 08, 2020