Who is the best teenager in world football?
Up until a couple of weeks ago, the answer to that question was probably Jadon Sancho, the Borussia Dortmund dynamo who was on track for a 20-goal, 20-assist Bundesliga season until the coronavirus forced football to pause.
But March 25 saw Sancho turn 20, leaving his teens behind forever and creating a vacancy on the throne—a vacancy B/R has decided must be filled.
A shortlist of more than 40 sensationally talented teens has been reduced to just 10, then ranked on ability now. With Sancho, Joao Felix, Matthijs De Ligt and Kai Havertz all now into their 20s, there’s space for new names to rise to the fore.
Here they are; get acquainted with them.
10. Sandro Tonali, 19, Central Midfielder (Brescia)
9. Gabriel Martinelli, 18, Forward
8. Vinicius Junior, 19, Winger
7. Rodrygo, 19, Forward
6. William Saliba, 19, Defender
Arsenal (on loan at Saint-Etienne)
5. Eduardo Camavinga, 17, Central Midfielder
4. Ansu Fati, 17, Forward
3. Phil Foden, 19, Midfielder
2. Alphonso Davies, 19, Full-Back/Winger
1. Erling Haaland, 19, Striker
Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus, on loan at Parma)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)
Sergino Dest (Ajax)
Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)
Latest posts by Samuel Louis (see all)
- Lionel Messi says he is now “less obsessed with goals” during this stage of his career and is more focused on being a team player. - Oct. 16, 2020
- Kathryn Mayorga’s Rape Case Against Cristiano Ronaldo to Go to Nevada Judge - Oct. 08, 2020
- Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski named Europe’s player of the year by UEFA - Oct. 02, 2020