NJ TRANSIT is in search of enthusiastic, community-minded people to improve the quality of life of the growing population of seniors and people with disabilities in the state of New Jersey. Under the authority of the Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Act of 1984, the NJ TRANSIT Local Programs Citizens Advisory Committee allows for citizen input into the decision making process undertaken by the NJ TRANSIT Community Mobility office in projects to promote transit accessibility, and give advice on issues pertaining to transportation services for seniors and people with disabilities.
The Advisory Committee shall perform the following functions:
- Advise and assist NJ TRANSIT in providing technical assistance to recipients of SCDRTAP funds.
- Recommend goals and objectives for each county system in the spirit of the Act and in accordance with NJ TRANSIT program guidelines.
- Act as an Advocate for the senior/disabled community during project planning and implementation of transportation programs.
There shall be a minimum of eight regular meetings each year, to be primarily held in the Newark and Trenton areas. Advisory Committee members will attend meetings in person, and teleconferencing will be made available in the event of an emergency or transportation issue. All selected locations for meetings shall be accessible for people with disabilities and served by accessible scheduled public transportation.
Thank you for your consideration of this matter. If you or anyone that you know is interested in becoming a part of this Advisory Committee, please feel free to contact Gloria Velez, Senior Secretary of Local Programs, at [email protected] or by calling (973) 491-8767. In your e-mail or voicemail please include your name, your phone number or e-mail address, whether you are a consumer of mass transit/paratransit or an advocate for a senior or a person with a disability who uses mass transit/paratransit, and why you would like to become part of this committee.
Title VI: NJ TRANSIT’s Notice to Beneficiaries: NJ TRANSIT operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Any person who believes she or he has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin, or wishing to obtain additional information regarding NJ TRANSIT’s Title VI obligations, may contact NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at 973-275-5555. A complaint or inquiry may also be filed by writing to NJ TRANSIT Customer Service – Title VI, One Penn Plaza East, Newark, NJ 07105. A complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- Mesut Ozil ‘has taken a massive £282k-a-week pay cut’ to seal Arsenal exit and sign for Fenerbahce - Jan. 19, 2021
- Marca claim David Alaba has signed a pre-contract agreement with Real Madrid - Jan. 19, 2021
- Chelsea ‘willing to smash their transfer record to sign Erling Haaland this summer’ - Jan. 19, 2021