Roles and Responsibilities
The Haitian American Caucus (HAC)– US is a grassroots movement of leading young Haitian professionals whose mission is to provide the Haitian Diaspora in New York City with access to information and resources that will foster self-development and success.
The primary function of the Communications Department is to provide HAC’s Executive Office with guidance and recommendations, which will improve the company brand and reputation while using all powers and resources to ensure the public views the organization favorably.
* This Department falls within HAC’s Executive Office
Major Leadership Responsibilities
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews with company reps.
- Get HAC featured on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Ensure that all opportunities for the Executive Director are fully vetted.
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with media reps.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
Meetings to attend:
- Attend any and all HAC Executive Staff Meetings
- Conduct Departmental Meetings with all support staff and volunteers
Budgets to prepare and monitor:
- Submit annual budget requests as needed for departmental operations.
Email resume and cover letter to Samuel Pierre, firstname.lastname@example.org