Editor’s Note: Recipes adapted from haitian-recipes.com
Bonbon Sirop is a popular bread-like muffin that some describe as a “Haitian brownie.” Treat your friends and family to this tasty and comforting treat that’ll be sure to bring back memories of Haiti.
2 cups of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tbsp of grated ginger
1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 cup of molasses
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking soda
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of water
1 cup of butter
1 tbsp of rum
1 tsp of orange zest
1 tsp of lemon zest
1. Prepare the Bonbon Sirop. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Whisk eggs, butter and brown sugar together. Combine the remaining ingredients and beat into a dough like paste. Spread the paste into a pre-greased baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Set aside.
2. Prepare the glaze. Pour water, sugar, butter, lemon zest, and orange zest in a saucepan over high heat. Stir constantly for 10 minutes until it caramelizes into a semi-thick syrup. Take the glaze off of the heat and add rum. Drizzle the glaze over the Bonbon Sirop.
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- The idea of Big Brands like Bale is better than reality… - Sep. 21, 2020
- Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Sep. 21, 2020
- Kepa mistake seals his fate at Chelsea, regardless of Mendy’s arrival - Sep. 21, 2020