Editor’s Note: Recipes adapted from haitian-recipes.com
Bonbon Sirop is a popular bread-like muffin that some describe as a “Haitian brownie.” Treat your friends and family to this tasty and comforting treat that’ll be sure to bring back memories of Haiti.
2 cups of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tbsp of grated ginger
1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 cup of molasses
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking soda
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of water
1 cup of butter
1 tbsp of rum
1 tsp of orange zest
1 tsp of lemon zest
1. Prepare the Bonbon Sirop. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Whisk eggs, butter and brown sugar together. Combine the remaining ingredients and beat into a dough like paste. Spread the paste into a pre-greased baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Set aside.
2. Prepare the glaze. Pour water, sugar, butter, lemon zest, and orange zest in a saucepan over high heat. Stir constantly for 10 minutes until it caramelizes into a semi-thick syrup. Take the glaze off of the heat and add rum. Drizzle the glaze over the Bonbon Sirop.
Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can be to Manchester United what Zinedine Zidane is to Real Madrid - Jul. 11, 2020
- Now or never? Jesus’ last chance to prove he can be Aguero’s successor at Man City - Jul. 11, 2020
- Leicester ‘plan £31m swoop for Madrid flop Luka Jovic in search for Jamie Vardy’s strike partner’ - Jul. 11, 2020