News

Haitian American Mia Love Makes History As First Black Female Republican Elected To Congress

Haitian Times

Haitian Times

The Haitian Times was founded in 1999 as a weekly English language newspaper based in Brooklyn, NY.The newspaper is widely regarded as the most authoritative voice for Haitian Diaspora.
Haitian Times

Latest posts by Haitian Times (see all)

November 5, 2014

About Author

Haitian Times

admin

RECENT COMMENTS
  • May continue to bless you God love you

• Karl says:

Congratulations! You are a person of destiny not of the past. May you enjoy this song from the Greatest: Nina Simone
      “Feeling Good”

Birds flyin’ high, you know how I feel
      Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
      Breeze driftin’ on by, you know how I feel
      It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me.
      Yeah, it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me, ooooooooh…
      And I’m feelin’ good.

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
      River runnin’ free, you know how I feel
      Blossom on the tree, you know how I feel
      It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me,
      And I’m feelin’ good

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don’t you know,
      Butterflies all havin’ fun, you know what I mean.
      Sleep in peace when day is done: that’s what I mean,
      And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me…

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
      Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
      Yeah, freedom is mine, and I know how I feel..
      It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me
      [scat]
      And I’m feelin’… good.

• May god continue to bless you God love you

• edma louis says:

Congratulations

• Jean V. says:

Congratulations to you Mia. And may God continue to pour his blessings upon you.

• Angelot D Cyriaque says:

God be with you we could show you way , we are there for you

• Nicolson says:

To God be the glory

• Jude Payoute says:

Congratulations for Mia, however, I would like to see her acting as an American than as a Republican. please let put the country first, that how history will judge her. Thanks

• Maggie says:

Jude, I echo your sentiments. Let’s hope Mia makes her mark in the history of America not for being female, Republican or Haitian but for standing for what’s right and seeking to make America and the world a better place.

• Marie c gauthier says:

Good job God bless Haitien love you and proud of you

• Georges Jasme Revolus says:

Congratulations! Be yourself and keep acting as an equal.

• Randy Joseph says:

Congratulations! Definitely a milestone for black women and your own people. Please take sometimes out of your hectic schedule to read the book of this Esther in the Bible and do the parallel. Go with God. You were chosen.

• FlICKR GALLERY